It is with regret that I need to inform you that we have had to extend the Penny Pot Lane closure for 1 week.
Works have taken longer due to the following
• The position and level of the services ( Gas, water, BT ,power) we exposed within verge at the connection point meant the levels for original design for drainage connection did not work. We were expecting services within the verge but after exposing them we could see that orientation and levels of each service meant that we could not get our pipe through.
• We investigated an alternative connection point into ditch but it was deemed not viable.
• We had to wait 1 week for YW to attend site to identify some of their apparatus, which they ultimately confirmed as abandoned, allow us to break out a large chamber to proceed with the work again
• We spent a prolonged time hand digging around remaining services to investigate a possible solution for a connection.
• Slit trenches dug diagonally through the Penny Pot Lane carriageway revealed further services (YW and Gas and unknown cast iron) in line of the proposed drainage
• Finally the storms have had an affect on progress.
This week, working with our client , Persimmon Homes, we have established a route through the services that will enable us to make the connection and work out of the area.
I have only this afternoon received confirmation of the closure extension from NYCC so I was not able to inform you until this this afternoon but I apologise for the lateness of this news.
After the closure is lifted on Friday 28th February we will proceed up Penny Pot Lane under 2 way traffic signals, allowing traffic to use Penny Pot Lane although experiencing a small delay.
Please be assured that pedestrians and cycle access through this area will remain open at all times.
We were pleased to remove the 4 way signals from Jubliee Roundabout as we had planned on Wednesday 12th February. This has greatly reduced congestion in the area.
The 2 way signals will remain in place whilst we carry out the entrance works but will move along the road as our works progress to different areas of the wide entrance and filter lane.
We have been installing the new footpath kerbs and gullies in the radius section closest to the roundabout. Contractors for Northern Power Grid and Vodafone have also been on site carrying out protection works to their services.If you have queries regarding these works please email Penny.email@example.com
We aim to respond to all initial queries within 24hr during the working week.
To receive our regular newsletter, keeping you up to date with the progress of the works as well as advance warning of activities that may affect traffic, you can join our mailing list. Please fill in your details below and tick the 'Add me to your mailing list' box.