This is the 27th edition of the newsletter that keeps you up to date with the progress of the Germany Beck junction works on the A19 in Fulford.
The past 2 weeks has mainly focused on a number of major service diversions that are required to facilitate the construction of the junction.
Service diversions usually cause the most disruption to traffic on any roadworks scheme as generally they involve excavating large holes for joints and pipes within the highway.
Yorkshire Water and Northern Gas have been carrying out diversion works both within the highway and within the new carriageway embankment these past 2 weeks. These works will continue over the forthcoming weeks so please read your newsletters to keep informed regarding likely periods of traffic disruption.
We've also made a start on installing the attenuation (water storage) drainage system. See the image of the elliptical pipes below. The attenuation system stores water falling on the new carriageway during periods of heavy rain and releases it at a slow rate into the beck.
• Backfilling and surfacing the gas trenches within Fordlands Road. During the day traffic will be controlled using priority boards whilst this work is being carried out.
• Backfilling the water main and gas main trenches within the carriageway embankment.
• Northern gas will proceed with the gas diversion on the A19. No traffic management is anticipated on the A19 during the next coming week. However, from week commencing 19th June 'off peak' traffic lights will be in used during the day on the A19 when we will be excavating a trench within the highway.
• The installation of the elliptical pipes within the carriageway embankment to the east of Fordlands Road.
• Commencement of the brick parapet walls to the capping beam.
The closure of the eastern footpath on the A19 remains in place.
From Monday 19th June traffic lights will be in use on a daily basis during 'off peak' times for a period of approximately 5 days.
Pleased be warned that a further period of 24hr traffic lights will be required on the A19 to make the final gas connection onto the old pipe. Further details will be issued in your next newsletter when we have confirmed the dates.
Provision for pedestrians and others using the footpaths will be maintained during these operations. Please follow the directions provided by the signs.
We apologise for any inconvenience for those delayed due to the traffic lights caused by these necessary works.
Please be assured that the different areas of works will be securely fenced at all times to ensure the safety of the public.
We will be receiving deliveries to site this week. Each delivery will be guided into site by one of our employees once traffic and pedestrians are clear from the site entrance. Please be patient if you are held up for a short time whilst these manoeuvres take place.
Pedestrians will be given right of way along the footpaths of Fordlands Road but please be aware of deliveries using the entrances to site off Fordlands Road on occasion.
To receive our regular newsletter, keeping you up to date with the progress of the works as well as advance warning of activities that may affect traffic, you can join our mailing list. Please fill in your details below and tick the 'Add me to your mailing list' box.