This is the 43rd edition of the newsletter that keeps you up to date with the progress of the Germany Beck junction works on the A19 in Fulford.
Works in the vicinity of the Beck adjacent to the A19 have progressed well these past 2 weeks.
The concrete capping beam to the top of the piles has been completed both sides of the beck. The brick parapet wall has progressed around the bend of the retaining wall.
Various ducts have been installed across the A19 for power and traffic signal diversions and supplies.
Work to the culvert protection structure is ongoing; preparing for a concrete pour next week.
During the next 2 weeks we will be -
• Installing the reinforcement and pouring the concrete to form the culvert protection slab.
• The section of capping beam that joins up the capping beams both north and south of the beck will be pieced in, tying it into the culvert protection slab.
• Carry out electric cable diversions across the A19 within our recently laid ducts across the A19 and into our new footpaths
• Excavating a service trench down the new spine road ready for the installation of power, water and electric supplies for the new residential development including crossing Fordlands Road
• Continuing the brickwork walls to the top of the sheet piled retaining structure
• Completing the footpath south of the beck adjacent to the A19
• Relocating from our existing site compound into the new compound on the residential development site
The closure of the eastern footpath on the A19 remains in place.
A further period of temporary traffic light control on the A19 will be in operation from Monday 29th January.
Large pits are required to be opened up in both of the footpaths of the A19 to enable new power cables to be jointed to the old cables. Several cables require diverting but the joints can only be carried out one at a time in order to maintain power supplies to the area.
Safe and clear access will be maintained for pedestrians using the western footpath at all times.
We will be excavating a trench across Fordlands Road in order to lay ducts for future gas, water and power supplies to the new development. The trench will be carried out in 2 halves to maintain access along Fordlands Road.
Fordlands Road traffic will be controlled using priority boards.
Please be assured that the different areas of works will be securely fenced at all times to ensure the safety of the public.
We will be receiving deliveries to site this week. Each delivery will be guided into site by one of our employees once traffic and pedestrians are clear from the site entrance. Please be patient if you are held up for a short time whilst these manoeuvres take place.
Pedestrians will be given right of way along the footpaths of Fordlands Road but please be aware of deliveries using the entrances to site off Fordlands Road on occasion.
To receive our regular newsletter, keeping you up to date with the progress of the works as well as advance warning of activities that may affect traffic, you can join our mailing list. Please fill in your details below and tick the 'Add me to your mailing list' box.