Howard Civil Engineering Ltd have just completed work on phase one of this £100m development that will be home to the new TK Maxx distribution facility, providing more than 1.2 million sq ft of accommodation. The building is scheduled to complete in January 2017 and once operational will support up to 1,800 jobs.
The project is being managed by Caddick Construction for Caddick Developments. The TK Maxx building has been forward sold to specialist logistics investor Tritax.
The site has potential to accommodate a further 535,000 sq ft of development on phase two on a build to suit basis.
The project is also being grant supported by the Leeds City Region Enterprise Partnership.
As part of the plans the nearby Normanton’s TK Maxx warehouse will close and the company will move its existing 461 staff employed there to this new development.
• RC Foundations including pile caps and ground beams (3,600m3)
• RC Foundations and floor slabs for ancillary buildings
• 2 no insitu box culvert under ground walkways 19m and 29m respectively
• 5,500m kerbs
• 3,200m drainage 225mm dia to 1050mm dia and associated attenuation tank
• Over 1,000m ACO channel drain
• 6,000m service trenches to cover the provision of utilities
• 500m access road and associated highway works
• Extensive street furniture package