This build is part of a major mixed-use new-build development, the first phase of which was completed last summer. Phase Two comprises two blocks of student accomodation sitting on the south edge of a new public square formed from the new stopped up Boston Street and will provide commercial, restaurant and business premises as well as 182 student rooms and a basement car park.
Howard Civil Engineering were awarded the basement construction which includes the pile caps, capping beam and groundbeams as well as the perimeter wall and base and ground floor slabs of the basement car park.
• Cropping 402no 600mm dia piles
• 883m3 reinforced concrete in pilecaps and capping beams
• 2,900m2 350mm thk basement slab
• 350m3 reinforeced concrete in basement retainer walls
• 60m3 reinforced concrete in perimeter upstand walls