This build is part of a major mixed use new build development, the first phase of which is due to be complete this summer. Phase 2 comprises 2 blocks of student accomodation sitting on the south edge of a new public square formed from the new stopped up Boston Street and will provide commercial, restaurant and business premises as well as 182 student rooms and basement car park.
Howard Civil Engineering have been awarded the basement construction which includes the pile caps, capping beam and groundbeams as well as the perimeter wall and base and ground floor slabs of the basement car park.
We commenced on site in April 2018 and expect to be complete within 10 months.
• Cropping 402no 600mm dia piles
• 883m3 reinforced concrete in pilecaps and capping beams
• 2,900m2 350mm thk basement slab
• 350m3 reinforeced concrete in basement retainer walls
• 60m3 reinforced concrete in perimeter upstand walls