Howard Civil Engineering commenced work at this site off Penny Pot Lane for Persimmon Homes in July 2018.
King Edward Park is a new development of apartments and two, three, four and five-bedroom homes situated within Harrogate. The works awarded to Howard Civil Engineering include the S278 Works widening of Penny Pot Lane, introducing a new filter lane into the site. The site surface water outfall connection is to be installed withinthe existing Penny Pot Lane, under a road closure due to the width of the road, out-falling into a surface water course.
Work commenced on site with the creation of a temporary site entrance. The road and sewers package followed including 5m deep 1800mm dia attenuation pipes outfalling into a pond attenuation. The S278 works commenced in October after the 12 week notice for the TTRO application to close the road.
• Provision of adopted infrastructure for a 233 plot scheme in Harrogate
• Provision of S278 Works additional filter lane and traffic islands on Penny Pot Lane
• TTRO applications for speed limit reductions, temporary traffic signals and road closures
• Liaison with NYCC and adjacent developers and utility providers to minimise disruption to Harrogate traffic
• 2900m SW and FW 150mm dia to 2100mm dia drainage up to 5m deep
• Adopted FW 6m deep pumping station
• Installation of carriageway to base course
• 500m SW installed within Penny Pot Lane under road closure and connection to existing SW watercourse
• Shallow high pressure gas main stretches diagonally across site.